There are other reasons I love October:
- The colors!! The leaves on the poplar, maple and aspen trees around here are spectacular this time of year. (More pics trapped in the camera!)
- Cool nights, warm days. The sun always peeks out, even on the rainiest days, and warms things up. And no snow yet (touch wood!)
- Thanksgiving. Big turkey feast, the family all together---mmmm.
- Sweater weather. Or shawl weather. Or wrist-warmer weather. Or any other excuse to haul out the handknits.
- Maple machiattos are back at Starbucks!!
- And last but not least-HALLOWEEN!!!! The planning has begun, skulls and cobwebs are beginning to appear around the house. Costumes are being planned and sewn. Skeletons are being dragged out of closets. Hee, hee, heee!
Now to get my camera fixed--or replaced!