Sunday, November 05, 2006

Catching Up

Where did October go?

Treasure Island wrapped up two weeks ago with a weekend of sold-out performances. We had waaaay too much fun...


I got to have awesome pirate teeth for my set changing costume, but they were eventually given to another actor, who couldn't speak in them. I think they suited me much better!

Director extrordinaire, Vern Theissen; Stage Management Goddess, Lauren Thomas; and Designer Genius Marissa Kochanski.

Long John Silver (Ross Jacobs) suffered a bit of a wardrobe malfunction on closing night. It was even scarier in person.

There are actual production pics available, but I have been too busy to run out and buy the disk. I suspect this will be as good as it gets for the old blog. It was great to work with such a young cast, but I really felt my age by the end of the run!

I rested and knitted for a day, then the Halloween preparations began. Halloween is a big deal around the old homestead, with two parties and a home haunt (pics to come when I find the camera!) We are finally more or less recovered from that mayhem and enjoying the breather before the madness of the holiday season begins.

On the spinning front: I churned out 500 yards of 2-ply painted silk for a boucle this week--the mohair singles is on the wheel as I type this. We've had our first big dump of snow overnight, so I have no excuse to do anything but spin. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment