Monday, November 27, 2006

Global Warming My Asterisk!

It's cold.

Well, duh! I live in a northern community. It's November. You do the math.

Still, it's pretty tough to get up in the morning and get going when it is -35C outside and we have had a couple of feet of snowfall over the past week and a half. The roads are icy and there are a lot of newcomers to town who have never had to contend with these conditions. It's scary out there.

On the other hand, I spent the weekend blending and spinning a lovely angora and merino blend yarn for a Christmas gift, knitting on a woolly vest and a pair of mittens. The cold gives me an excuse to stay home and play with fibre, and who am I to complain about that? And my family is benefitting from my productivity. Everybody is warm in toques and mittens and scarves that I have spun/knit/woven, and if that doesn't warm the heart of a spinner, what will?

No comments:

Post a Comment