Saturday, June 23, 2007

Home Again

Yes, I'm home again--for more than a couple of days this time. The last trip was to the ANWG conference in Red Deer, where I taught a spindling workshop and presented two seminars, one on fulled knits and the other on recycling and reusing materials for handspinning. All sessions seemed to be well-received and I had a great deal of fun with the participants. Thanks to Judi for the lovely description of the recycling seminar! I also got a chance to reconnect with some old friends I hadn't seen since the broken wrist, and to make some new friends with some very interesting people.

This was one of the samples that I made up for the recycling seminar. It's a little shrug knit from handspun merino salvaged from leftovers with rayon chenille inserted during the plying to make the little squiggles. This picture is lifted off the Powerpoint and really doesn't do the piece any justice, but since I didn't have time to take any pictures at the conference, I needed something for eye candy.

I also got my in-depth study back at the conference with comments and changes, 90% of which appear to be typos and printing errors. One very valid point at which a paragraph was clearly abandoned in mid-stream, then picked up later to veer off in another direction. Wrong terms in the wrong places. D'oh! And I have the nerve to lecture my kids on the value of proof-reading...

Well, I'm home, and the larder is restocked, family has been caught up with and it is time to knit. Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment