Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Room of My Own Revisited

Way back in this post, I whined about not having a separate space for my fibre work. Well, I am whining no more! I have a Room of My Own!
The lovely and talented Miss Lexi moved out, creating a vacancy that my family all worked to help me turn into a studio space where I can take my work more seriously and make all the mess I want. So, without further ado, I invite you into my studio...

Of course, there is a comfy chair for spinning.

And a cozy daybed to curl up and read, or to double as a guest bed for the occasional visitor.

A sturdy work table, where I can leave all my crap laying around until I darn well feel like cleaning up!

Plenty o' room to store equipment without creating an obstacle course.

And all my sheepie stuff that is too cutsie for my family to have to look at, but amuses me to no end.

All of this is surrounded by nice neutral walls that do not throw any color, and daylight-adjusted lighting. There is even a 5-CD stereo that gives me up to 6 hours of uninterrupted music to keep my toe atreadlin'. Still to come is a great big bulletin board to put inspirational pictures and design notes up on and a floor lamp for slightly less glaring lighting when the mood strikes.

I can work in peace, leaving things out as I step away to make a cup of tea or perform brain surgery, and know that things will be where I left them when I get back. I can focus without the distractions of Wii or Much Music grating on my nerves. I can invite company in or shut them out as the mood strikes. I HAVE A ROOM OF MY OWN!

And on another note: Apparently, this post is stirring up some interest amongst folks with chronic illnesses and disabilities. Why has no one thought of making cane cozies before? I'm feeling rather clever to have found such a simple solution to such a common problem. If you want or need one, please contact me at spindleprincess@gmail.com and I will be happy to fill you in on the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment