Tuesday, March 15, 2011

...And On A Brighter Note

Whew!  I'm glad I got that off my chest yesterday.  We now return you to our regularly scheduled fibre blog:

Hey!  Wanna try something new?  If you happen to be free on Friday afternoon, come play with silk and shibori.


I will be leading a workshop called Get the Fibre Bug at the Haxton Centre here in Fort McMurray as part of their Art in Nature program.  The program runs weekly on Friday afternoons from 1:30 to 3:30, and this Friday, March 18, it will be all about the insects we love to spin, weave, and dye with.  We will work together to tie our own one-of-a-kind shibori scarf while I natter on about silk worms and sericulture, how we process and spin silk, and the different types of silk available to us.  Then our scarves will go into the dyepot and we will explore the wonders of cochineal, that wonder bug that gives us the most glorious reds.


And the best part?  It's absolutely FREE!  You heard me, free.  And you get a spanky scarf to take home at the end.  How can you beat that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment